This page contains information about Level 1 Training for Professionals. This training is open for registration.
Based on reading the book: Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions
Number of book pages: 250
Test format: 20 multiple-choice questions, answered online at this site
BONUS: After successfully completing the test, you qualify for a $75 discount on a listing in our ADHD Professional Directory—regularly $95 annually but $20 to Level 1 graduates for the first year. This sign-up bonus essentially gives you free testing and 15 CE hours (NBCC). This bonus is available for a limited time only, so don’t delay!Register to take the test now.
Successful Completion Brings:
- A certificate of completion, downloadable as a PDF
- 15 Continuing Education hours (NBCC)
- A discounted ADHD Professional Directory listing fee for the first year (regular: $95 annually; with your discount: $20)
- A badge indicating course completion in your ADHD Professional Directory listing (should you choose to purchase it). This assures consumers that you have demonstrated knowledge of Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy™ principles.
Training Material: The Book
The book provides the clinician with a nuts-and-bolts approach to helping ADHD-challenged couples enhance their relationship and improve domestic cooperation.
This concise, comprehensive guide includes:
- A flexible model based on a merging of the evidence for effective couple therapy and for Adult ADHD individual therapy
- Medication guidelines and how to assist the couple in optimizing medication efforts
- Cognitive interventions
- Co-parenting techniques
- Habit change and communication strategies
- ADHD-specific clinical suggestions around sexuality, money, and cyber-addictions.
More than twenty detailed case studies provide real-life examples of the challenges that can ensnare these couples, along with ways to implement the interventions.
Test Development And Approval for Continuing Education Hours
After submitting the test and our credentials to the National Board for Certified Counselors, we were granted status as an NBCC-approved continuing education (CE) provider.
Future online training will also be approved for NBCC hours.
Test Guidelines and Certificate
This test consists of 20 multiple-choice questions.
You may review all of your answers before submitting them.
- A passing grade is 80% or higher (16 or more of the 20 questions).
- Once you submit your answers, your grade appears on your screen within seconds.
- You are automatically allowed to re-take the test once if you do not pass the first time.
- Successful completion earns 15 Continuing Education (CE) hours (NBCC) and a $75 discount on a Professional Directory listing for the first year
- A certificate accompanies a passing grade. It is available as an immediate PDF download.
- Participants who do not receive a passing grade on the first or second attempt are invited to re-take the test in two weeks, at a discounted rate.
- Test questions are automatically randomized.
This Level 1 test has 13 learning objectives.
After reading Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions, the clinician will be able to
- Identify the primary clinical tasks in helping ADHD-challenged couples
- Describe the purpose of the psychoeducational process for Adult ADHD-Focused couple therapy
- Discuss the contributing factors to the Dysfunctional Interaction Cycle for each partner and the interventions designed to move this cycle in a more positive direction
- Explain the role of the CBT Model adapted for ADHD in helping these couples
- Describe the therapist’s potential role in guiding pharmacotherapy
- Name some common difficulties around sexual intimacy experienced by ADHD-challenged couples
- Explain the relevance of Executive Functioning models to understanding ADHD
- Describe why adults might be vulnerable to using electronic technology to excess, the impact this behavior can have on the relationship, and the type of clinical approach that can help couples address this overuse
- Counter the statement that “ADHD symptoms are simply human behaviors”
- Recognize the components of behavior-change within Adult ADHD-Focused couple therapy
- Describe how couples can learn to work as a team in co-parenting and compensate for the challenges of the partner with ADHD
- Recognize how the poor self-regulation inherent in ADHD impairs money management and help the couple work around these difficulties
- Describe how to use Imago Relationship Therapy to improve the couple’s communication
BONUS: Deeply Discounted Professional Directory Listing
Our goal is helping ADHD-savvy clinicians and consumers to find each other. Hence, your invitation to join our International ADHD Professional Directory. Your successful course completion will be noted prominently in your directory listing. This way, potential clients know that you have demonstrated familiarity with Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy ™ principles.
You also receive a $75 discount on that directory listing. That is almost 80% off. Rather than paying $95 for a professional directory listing, you pay only $20 for the first year. In other words, the course and CE hours are free!
Purchase the Book
Register for Immediate Access to the Test:
Please direct questions via the “contact” form at the top of this page