Programs for Individuals, Couples, and Professionals
Solving Your Adult ADHD Puzzle — including Relationships
- Online Program
- Experienced educator
- Peer Groups via Zoom
Internationally recognized expert in Adult ADHD, particularly as it can affect relationships
A Welcome Message From Gina Pera
Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy™
Preeminent leaders in Adult ADHD and couple therapy endorse our work
Harville Hendrix, PhD
Renown expert in couple therapy
Author of: Getting the Love You Want and Making Marriage Simple
First came cutting-edge theory in Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?, shining light in the darkness for couples living with the amazing complications of one or both partners having ADHD.
Now comes a luminous clinical guide for Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy™—helping therapists identify the essential elements of the therapeutic process for successful outcome, including therapy models ranging from medications to cognitive-behavioral to couples therapy.
The thoroughness and clarity of the theory and therapy, and the voluminous sources and research citations, make these two books a seminal contribution to the field.
Russell Barkley, Ph.D.
Renown expert in ADHD
Author of: ADHD and the Nature of Self-Control and Taking Charge of Adult ADHD
From the Foreword: Until now, no books existed that combined both a scientific understanding of adult ADHD with pragmatic recommendations to guide these adults and their partners in coping and problem-solving.
Gina Pera’s book [Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?] does so with an admirable balance of current scientific information mixed with sage advice and wise, practical strategies based on the current science.
There is no better book now that addresses such relationship difficulties and with such sensitivity to the complex issues inherent in them.
Thank you, Gina, for writing such a useful book.
Adult ADHd-Focused Couple Therapy Model
Meet the Experts
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide online education and support for adults with ADHD, their loved ones, and professionals.
Sure, the Internet bursts with free information on Adult ADHD.
- But how do you: Separate wheat from chaff?
- Pull it all together—and put it into everyday practice?
- Especially when ADHD is already creating chaos or confusion?
We believe you deserve:
- A solid education
- A supportive structure for learning new skills and habits
- The ability to work more knowledgeably and confidently with prescribers and other mental-health professionals
Our Four Puzzle Pieces training covers the four essential categories of evidence-based strategies for Adult ADHD. Also called the Four Ps:
- Psychological Education - in all things Adult ADHD. We go much deeper than the standard run-downs. Support materials help you personalize the information to your situation. You'll even learn how the evaluation should go—and how to help it along. (Available Now)
- Physical Strategies - Optimizing sleep and medication in the way that prescribers should be but seldom know how—or have the time (Available Now)
- Practical Skills — Supporting Executive Functions by adopting new tools and habits, as an individual and as a couple (est. Summer 2023)
- Psychological Tools — Healing dysfunctional mindsets and communication patterns (Fall 2023)
- Self-paced online videos, each 10-30 minutes and targeting a specific topic
- Step-by-step instruction, starting with the basics and building in complexity
- Available 24/7
- Action Steps Guides to personalize your learning (complete on your device or after printing)
- Regular opportunities to connect via Zoom Q&A sessions; Gina facilitates group discussion.
You'll find no training like this anywhere else, for any price. In person or online.
If there were, we wouldn't have had to work so hard, for years, to bring it to you!
We are Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin, PhD, co-authors of the first empirically informed clinical guide for helping ADHD-challenged couples: Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions (Routledge, 2016).
Between us, we have authored seven highly regarded books on ADHD—and bring 50 years combined experience.
We are the recognized world leaders in ADHD and relationships.
Gina created and delivers this training, based in part on the model she and Dr. Robin created with Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy.
Read more here: About the Experts
We created these courses to benefit:
- Individuals with ADHD
- Loved ones of adults with ADHD (spouses and intimate partners, parents, siblings, children, friends, etc.)
- ADHD-challenged couples
- Professionals seeking to help the ADHD community (therapists, psychiatrists, coaches, personal organizers—even accountants and others)
Course 1 launched July 2021 and is now a battle-tested life-changer.
This course is foundational. You might find it's all you need. It provides a comprehensive education on Adult ADHD and guides you in personalizing this variable syndrome to your experience.
You'll also gain an overview of the other three Essential Puzzle Pieces.
You'll find more in-depth help in the three other essential Puzzle Pieces:
Course 2: Physical Strategies - Medication and Sleep (Available now) Sadly, we cannot always count on physicians to truly understand the complexity—and the needs of individuals.
Course 3: Practical Skills & Supports for Executive Functions (est. Summer 2023)
Course 4: Psychological Tools - A CBT model for ADHD couple therapy (Fall 2023)
Previously, we offered a book-study test bringing 15 continuing education hours via The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin, PhD, were approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider
Ultimately, the response from therapists was not robust enough to continue the effort.
Professionals who learn our approach stand to gain much more than CE hours.
PLEASE NOTE: WE STOPPED MARKETING THIS DIRECTORY IN 2019. For info on purchasing a listing, write to Gina Pera
Consumers have grown leery of large commercial directories. They cannot risk more wrong turns with professionals who lack ADHD expertise— despite claims made in their listing.
Our unique feature: Completion of our online training offers the opportunity to include that in your professional listing.
The directory is to open to all types of ADHD-savvy professionals:
—Licensed mental-health therapists and psychologists treating a range of ages
—Professional organizers and allied professionals (e.g., bookkeepers, virtual assistants, etc.)