Millions of ADHD-challenged individuals and couples are desperate for professional help. Do you know how to help them—and help them find you?
ADHD Success Training offers a two-pronged approach:
1. Becoming familiar with our Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy model—and earning CE hours in the process (15, NBCC) Comprehensive online training available Spring 2021.
2. Being included in our Adult ADHD Professional Directory—where potential clients are reassured that you completed the training
Why This Two-Pronged Approach?
Consumers have grown wary about online directories. Seemingly every listee touts ADHD expertise—but most end up not having it. Those directories aren't cheap, either.
That's why our International ADHD Professional Directory is different: both more selective and more affordable.
With your listing, you can assure consumers you are familiar with Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy by:
1. Completing Level 1 training: Read our clinical guide and complete a 20-question multiple-choice test online
2. Completing Level 2 training: Solving the Four Essential Puzzle Pieces
When you pass the online test, you will:
1. Earn 15 continuing education hours (NBCC)
Gain the opportunity to flag your directory listing with a badge indicating that you have passed this test.
Trainees have two opportunities to pass the test.
What's Special About Our Guide?
This is the first clinical guide that merges empirically based treatment principles for Adult ADHD with those of couple therapy.
Before creating the first clinical model for adult ADHD couple therapy, psychologist Arthur L. Robin and I asked ourselves two questions:
- How can couple therapists expertly approach the particular but highly variable needs of ADHD-challenged couples?
- How can Adult ADHD specialists providing individual therapy include the partner in an equitable and sensitive way?
We detail our model and its pragmatic interventions in Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions, by Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin (Routledge; 2016).
For millions of couples in the U.S. alone—and millions more worldwide—the "ADHD piece" provides the cornerstone to understanding and healing problems long viewed as intractable.
Endorsed by Preeminent Experts in ADHD and in Couple Therapy
Leading experts in both couple therapy and in adult ADHD have praised the book, including Russell Barkley, PhD, Lily Hechtman, MD, Patricia Quinn, MD, Harville Hendrix, PhD, Douglas K. Snyder, PhD, and Philip Asherson, MD, PhD.
Online Training: Two Levels
Our online training springs largely from Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy. But it also expands to include related material from Gina Pera's first book, Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.? and her award-winning blog posts exploring myriad facts of Adult ADHD.
Initial plans include two training levels for clinicians: Level 1 and Level 2.
Level 1: Book-Study Test (Available Now!)
This course consists of a 20-question Book-Study Test based on reading the book Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy; questions are multiple-choice.
The test is approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC).
Successful completion earns the clinician:
- 15 continuing education hours (NBCC).
- A badge of Level 1 training completion in the optional Professional Directory profile (discounted fee for the first year).
Level 1 training is available NOW. This is an online test based on reading the book. REGISTER HERE
Level 2: Online Training (Available early 2021)
Soon, clinicians can access comprehensive training at this website. Available any time, from anywhere in the world.
Be sure to add your name to the mailing list, so you will be notified the minute it is up!
Meanwhile, for a sneak preview of what's in store, keep reading!
The book itself provides a solid foundation for understanding
- Adult ADHD and it's evidence-based strategies
- Adult ADHD's potential impact on relationships and other spheres of life, and
- The clinically proven strategies to help these individuals and couples.
The online training will provide a deeper and broader level of understanding, all at the user's pace—and with opportunity for interaction with the presenters and other clinicians.
The format will consist of narrated video presentations, each segment 15-30 minutes, augmented with:
- Regular Q&A opportunities with the authors
- Short videos carefully curated from outside sources (e.g. animations of neurotransmitter function that assist with the psychoeducation process)
- Select excerpts of video lectures by experts whose work is cited in the book, with links to the full video (e.g. Russell Barkley, PhD, on Executive Functioning)
- Original podcasts on key concepts by the authors and Q&A chats with experts
- Downloadable excerpts from the perennially popular book Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?, for introducing key concepts to couple clients.
- Worksheets for clients
Conveniently organized by topic and sub-topic—
This makes it easy to quickly scan and review key concepts as they become particularly relevant with each client
If you have an Internet connection and can access our site, the courses are always at your fingertips.
- Guidance you can rely on
With a combined 50 years experience, Arthur Robin, PhD, and Gina Pera are highly respected experts in the field of Adult ADHD, particularly the myriad ways it can affect relationships.
You can learn more about our backgrounds at About the Presenters.