We Designed This Course for:
- ADHD-challenged individuals or couples
- Friends, siblings, or other loved one of an adult with ADHD
- Mental-Health professionals
- Coaches, professional organizers, and all others serving clients affected by ADHD
Our Revolutionary Goal:
Adult ADHD is not a small, "niche" issue.
In fact, the Adult ADHD population numbers in the tens of millions in the U.S. alone. The shock effects ripple out through the family and society at large, affecting tens of millions more people. Never moreso than during COVID restrictions of 2020-2021.
Yet, only 1 in 10 adults is thought to be diagnosed—with even fewer in any kind of treatment. Given the highly genetic nature of ADHD, these adults and their partners are also raising children with ADHD.
Standard couple therapy risks exacerbating conflict and dysfunction. Individual therapy for ADHD—if you can find a knowledgeable therapist— typically lacks an equitable and integrated approach. That poses similar risks.
The Internet now overflows with articles about Adult ADHD, including in relationships. Unfortunately, most of these articles reflect only amateurish familiarity with ADHD—and some contain extremely misguided advice. Advice that guarantees that the readers keep struggling.
ADHD Success Training can help professionals and consumers avoid these pitfalls and focus on proven, positive interventions. That is, education and interventions based on the evidence of what works for Adult ADHD and for couple therapy.
We are Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin, PhD, co-editors of the first empirically informed guide for helping ADHD-challenged couples: Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions (Routledge, 2016).
Our goal is straightforward: Revolutionize the standard of care and evidence-based strategies for ADHD-challenged couples and individuals worldwide.
Recognized as world leaders in the field of ADHD and relationships, we bring 50 combined years experience to this online training. You can read more about our backgrounds here: About the Presenters.
Maybe you've already read the books on which ADHD Success Training is based. Now you’re eager for guidance in putting these strategies into practice.
—Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: The first empirically informed guide to ADHD couple therapy by two leading authorities in this field. Endorsed by top experts in couple therapy and in ADHD. Edited by Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin, PhD
—Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.? The first book to comprehensively explain Adult ADHD, the effect on these adults and their loved ones, and the strategies that can slow their emotional roller coasters. Endorsed by leading ADHD experts.
—"Counseling ADHD Couples" The first-ever chapter on couple therapy in Russell Barkley, PhD's clinical guide, contributed by Gina Pera
- Video presentations narrated by Gina
- Clearly organized by topic (e.g. defining ADHD, diagnosing ADHD, recognizing common relationship patterns, supporting Executive Functions)
- Each segment runs 15-30 minutes
- Action Steps worksheets help students to personalize the lessons—and provide relevant fodder for working with a therapist
- Regular ZOOM meetings with participants
- Regular Q&A opportunities with the authors and book contributors
- Short videos carefully curated from outside sources —always available
- Select excerpts of video lectures by experts whose work is cited in the book, with links to the full video
- Original podcasts on key concepts by the authors and Q&A chats with experts
Two Training Categories:
We offer two training categories (click to learn more):
- Level 1 training: Professionals (licensed clinicians, coaches, and allied professionals):
- Level 2 training: Consumers (individuals and couples) and professionals