Maybe you’ve already read the book, Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy. Now you’re eager for guidance in putting these strategies into practice.
Maybe you’ve heard about the book—that is the first empirically informed guide to ADHD couple therapy by two leading experts in this field—and you are eager to learn more.
Whether you are
- An ADHD-challenged individual or couple,
- The friend, sibling, or other loved one of an adult with ADHD,
- A Couple Therapist,
- An Individual Therapist, or
- A coach, professional organizer, or other professional serving clients affected by ADHD,
We at ADHD Success Training are here to help.
The Situation Is Dire, The Opportunities Abundant
Thanks to burgeoning ADHD awareness, individuals and couples worldwide seek ADHD-informed therapy. Yet they seldom find the therapeutic guidance they need. Too often, this has serious, debilitating consequences.
Our Revolutionary Goal
For decades now, the preponderance of science confirms: Adult ADHD is not a small, “niche” problem. Rather, the Adult ADHD population numbers in the tens of millions in the U.S. alone. The shock effects ripple out through the family and society at large, affecting tens of millions more people.
Yet, only 1 in 10 adults is thought to be diagnosed—with even fewer in any kind of treatment. Given the highly genetic nature of ADHD, these adults and their partners are also raising children with ADHD. Standard couple therapy cannot help these couples; it even risks exacerbating conflict and dysfunction. Individual therapy for ADHD that does not include the couple in an equitable and integrated way poses similar risks. ADHD Success Training helps professionals and consumers alike to avoid these pitfalls and focus on proven, positive interventions.
We are Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin, PhD, co-editors of the first empirically informed guide for helping ADHD-challenged couples: Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions (Routledge, 2016).
Our goal is straightforward: Revolutionize the standard of care and evidence-based strategies for ADHD-challenged couples and individuals worldwide by merging the best of what we know works for Adult ADHD and couple therapy. And we are passionate about it.
Recognized as the world leaders in the field of ADHD and relationships, we bring 50 combined years experience to this online training. You can read more about our backgrounds here: About the Presenters.
The book itself provides a solid foundation for understanding
- Adult ADHD,
- Its impact on relationships and other spheres of life, and
- The clinically proven strategies to help these couples.
The online training will deepen and broaden that understanding—all at the user’s pace and with opportunity for interaction with the presenters and other clinicians.
The format will consist of narrated video presentations, organized by book chapter, each segment 15-30 minutes, augmented with:
- Regular Q&A opportunities with the authors and book contributors
- Short videos carefully curated from outside sources (e.g. animations of neurotransmitter function that assist with the psychoeducation process)—always available
- Select excerpts of video lectures by experts whose work is cited in the book, with links to the full video (e.g. Russell Barkley, PhD, on Executive Functioning, and Xavier Amador, PhD, on resistance to diagnosis, or “denial”)
- Original podcasts on key concepts by the authors and Q&A chats with experts
- Downloadable excerpts from the perennially popular book, Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?, for introducing key concepts to couple clients.
- Worksheets for clients
Two Training Categories
We offer two training categories (click to learn more):
- Professionals (licensed clinicians, coaches, and allied professionals)
- Consumers (individuals and couples)