Home Study Test Based on Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy
Earn CE Hours while studying our Adult ADHD couple therapy model.
Home-study course is based on reading: Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions (Pera & Robin, Routledge, 2016)
Number of book pages: 250
Test format: 20 multiple-choice questions, answered online at this site; passing score is 80%
BONUS: After successfully completing the test, you qualify for a $75 discount on a listing in our International ADHD Professional Directory—regularly $95 annually but $20 to Level 1 graduates for the first year. This sign-up bonus essentially gives you free testing and 15 CE hours (NBCC). This bonus is available for a limited time.
This is ADHD Success Training’s Level 1 course. Level 2 courses involve online instruction and do not yet bring CE hours.
Successful Completion Brings:
- A certificate of completion (delivered via e-mail in 1-5 days)
- 15 Continuing Education hours (NBCC)
- A discounted ADHD Professional Directory listing fee for the first year (regular: $95 annually; with your discount: $20)
- Indicate course completion to potential clients in your International ADHD Professional Directory listing (should you choose to purchase it).
Training Material: The Book
The book provides a nuts-and-bolts approach to helping ADHD-challenged couples enhance their relationship and improve domestic cooperation.
This is a unique opportunity to earn CE hours while studying the first Adult ADHD couple therapy model based on the evidence of what works for couple therapy and for Adult ADHD treatment.
This concise, comprehensive guide includes:
- A flexible model based on a merging of the evidence for effective couple therapy and for Adult ADHD individual therapy
- Medication guidelines and how to assist the couple in optimizing medication efforts while respecting professional limits
- Cognitive interventions
- Co-parenting techniques
- Habit change and communication strategies
- ADHD-specific clinical suggestions around sexuality, money, and cyber-addictions.
More than twenty detailed case studies provide real-life examples of the challenges that can ensnare these couples, along with ways to implement the interventions.
Test Development And Approval for Continuing Education Hours
The test was jointly developed by book co-editors Gina Pera and Arthur L. Robin, PhD.
After submitting the test and our credentials to the National Board for Certified Counselors, we were granted status as an NBCC-approved continuing education (CE) provider.
This test consists of 20 multiple-choice questions.
You may review all of your answers before submitting them.
- A passing grade is 80% or higher (16 or more of the 20 questions).
- Once you submit your answers, your grade appears on your screen within seconds.
- You are automatically allowed to re-take the test once if you do not pass the first time.
- Successful completion earns 15 Continuing Education (CE) hours (NBCC) and a $75 discount on a Professional Directory listing for the first year
- Participants who do not receive a passing grade on the first or second attempt are invited to re-take the test in two weeks, at a discounted rate.
- Test questions are automatically randomized.
This Level 1 test has 13 learning objectives.
After reading Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions, the clinician will be able to
- Identify the primary clinical tasks in helping ADHD-challenged couples
- Describe the purpose of the psychoeducational process for Adult ADHD-Focused couple therapy
- Discuss the contributing factors to the Dysfunctional Interaction Cycle for each partner and the interventions designed to move this cycle in a more positive direction
- Explain the role of the CBT Model adapted for ADHD in helping these couples
- Describe the therapist’s potential role in guiding pharmacotherapy
- Name some common difficulties around sexual intimacy experienced by ADHD-challenged couples
- Explain the relevance of Executive Functioning models to understanding ADHD
- Describe why adults might be vulnerable to using electronic technology to excess, the impact this behavior can have on the relationship, and the type of clinical approach that can help couples address this overuse
- Counter the statement that “ADHD symptoms are simply human behaviors”
- Recognize the components of behavior-change within Adult ADHD-Focused couple therapy
- Describe how couples can learn to work as a team in co-parenting and compensate for the challenges of the partner with ADHD
- Recognize how the poor self-regulation inherent in ADHD impairs money management and help the couple work around these difficulties
- Describe how to use Imago Relationship Therapy to improve the couple’s communication
BONUS: Deeply Discounted Professional Directory Listing
Our goal is to help ADHD-savvy clinicians and consumers to find each other.
Hence, your invitation to join our International ADHD Professional Directory. If you complete Level 1 or Level 1 training, you can note successful course completion in your listing.
You also receive a $75 discount on that directory listing. That is almost 80% off. Rather than paying $95 for a professional directory listing, you pay only $20 for the first year. In other words, the course and CE hours are free!
Purchase the Book
Register for Immediate Access to the Test:
Please direct questions via the “contact” form at the top of this page