Why an International ADHD Professional Directory? The short answer: To help clinicians and consumers find each other so they can begin rebuilding lives and deepening professional satisfaction.
Now for the longer answer.
For almost 20 years and almost every single day, my support-group members, blog readers, and book fans have sent a steady drumbeat of requests, “Can you refer me to a physician or therapist in [town, state, or country] who understands ADHD in [children, teens, adults, couples]?
Too often I felt helpless, with no recommendations to offer.
Hoping to provide a large-scale solution, I worked with Arthur L. Robin, PhD, to produce a highly acclaimed clinical guide (Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy: Clinical Interventions).
Then the question became: How to help clients find ADHD-savvy professionals?
Consumers are Frustrated
You finally hit upon the explanation of ADHD—typically after years of struggle and wrong turns.
You are primed to get to work—yesterday. So much hangs in the balance! But you need professional help—for yourself, your relationship, and/or your children. There is no time to mess around with a professional who claims ADHD expertise (along with dozens of other “specialties”).
Maybe the situation is not so critical. Yet you have the nagging sense that life could be so much easier. You are probably right.
You might be:
- An adult with ADHD, typically late-diagnosis and therefore lugging around a lifetime of struggles and poor coping responses
- The partner of an adult with ADHD, with your own particular struggles and poor coping responses deserving validation and targeted attention
- A couple seeking joint strategies
- A parent of children with ADHD
- A parent, sibling, or children of an adult with ADHD
The public harbors much misinformation about ADHD. Will you alienate the client by even suggesting an evaluation for ADHD?
How can you attract potential clients who already embrace the Adult ADHD diagnosis and are eager for evidence-based guidance?
Enter ADHD Success Training’s International ADHD Professional Directory. We designed it to provide a valuable resource for both consumers and the professionals qualified to guide them. Internationally.
We made the cost very affordable. Professionals who successfully complete Adult ADHD-Focused Couple Therapy™ training can opt to indicate that in their listing.
I will promote it via every possible outlet including my award-winning ADHD Roller Coaster blog, with thousands of visitors daily.
You might be:
- A treating psychiatrist
- A licensed mental-health therapist or psychologist
- An ADHD clinic owner or manager
- A coach, professional organizer, or other professional trained in various aspects of ADHD